Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ego Trippin'

It's a blessing to know that I can trust my husband and that we have, mostly, full disclosure. I believe that life is not just black and white and that sometimes things are best left unsaid.

I learned that my husband had gone to a bar for drinks with the guys after work (which I knew) and that the ladies serving the beverages there were nearly nude (which I knew not) I confronted him thinking he would simply admit that he should have mentioned it, but didn't want for me to feel that I had anything to be threatened by, apologize and it would be done. THAT, however, was NOT the case. This lead to my darling husband feeling as though I didn't trust him and that, despite his best efforts to show me in every way possible, I don't believe him when he says I am THE only one for him. His feelings were honestly hurt!!!?!?!

Three hours later (SERIOUSLY??) we agree to disagree, the blessing from all of this came several weeks later. I was waiting for a restaurant to open and a very nice man started conversing with me. We were alone. In another country. In a hotel. I immediately worked into the conversation that I was married and he admitted he, too, was on his way home to visit his wife. He then started making suggestive comments about our situation (Being solo in another country and no one would know if we didn't always follow a straight line) and I thought about my husband and the fact that I KNOW that he isn't this type of man. I told the gentleman~hee hee~that I would know and I wouldn't do that to my husband, my family, or myself. I thanked him for the conversation and went to my room. I then video chatted with my husband and told him what had just taken place. He smiled and said a free dinner is nice. He didn't question me or worry. I then asked if it bothered him and he said, "No, I know that you love me and that you are going to come home to me."

I have had some major trust issues and let the mistakes others have made blur into my relationship with my husband. When he looked at me and honestly didn't understand why he should be concerned (and he shouldn't, but seriously strokes the ego) I realized he wasn't concerned because these are not things that he would do. I love knowing that he is committed to me, our children, our marriage...God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment