Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life's Blessing #3

My roof is leaking into my kitchen and now through the drywall in my dining room. The money we were hoping to save has been used in other "renovations" and just when I want to sit alone and cry...I remember the families from the mission field. When in Mexico on a mission a few year ago the "wealthy" family in the neighborhood had a roof over their bedroom, not the kitchen, living, or bath area...only the bedroom, which a family of 5 (and more in some cases) shared. No electricity or indoor plumbing. However, they were very upscale because they had a toilet. The water for bath, cooking, and potty were collected in large buckets around the house when it rained. The "gutters" ran into tubs in the kitchen and bathroom. They gave us toilet paper, which I knew they couldn't really afford, and let us use their restrooms. They were so pleased to share this with us. They didn't complain, they were grateful for the relief we brought. I know how blessed I am to have a home with seperate bedrooms for my children, central heat and air, electricity, kitchen appliances, indoor plumbing, and A ROOF!! Thank YOU GOD for my leaky roof (I'm still praying we get it fixed though;))

No comments:

Post a Comment